Friday 8 August 2014

Colour of the moment

Blue seems to be the colour of the moment with Marc Jacobs, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu and Prada (just to name a few), sending their models down the catwalk with a shade of blue on their eyes, whether it be in the form of an eyeliner or an all over lid colour. In this post I'm going to show you how to rock the blue trend, for a day or an evening look. 
 
 
To transform your regular makeup look I would a simple blue eyeliner on the eye would do the trick, as it would instantly transform your look. I would also recommend trying different shades of blue to find the right the right colour for you. For this look you can use liquid, gel, or pencil eyeliners but for me I used MAC eye shadow in Sea and Sky, I wetted my brush to make the colour more vibrant and glide on to the eye easier. When using this technique I would recommend using a Synthetic brush as it will not damage the brush hairs.
 
 
When taking this look from day to night I would recommend winging the eyeliner out to create a cat eye effect, it would look perfect to take a makeup look from day time to the night time. To finish off this evening look I would recommend applying some gloss, just with a hint of colour because you don't want to take the attention off the eyes.
 
 
Hopefully you can try out the blue eyeliner in your makeup look.

No comments:

Post a Comment